|205 E Third Street||
|Wapato WA email@example.com|
8:30 to 1:00 2:00 to 5:00
Typical Utility Bill
For a house with a ¾” service, 1,000 cubic feet usage, and 90 gallon garbage.
|Water Utility Tax||
|Sewer Utility Tax||
|Garbage Utility Tax||
Initiating a Request for Service
- Come into City Hall and fill out a request for services
- Bring photo identification such as a driver’s license
- Bring permission from landlord if renting OR loan paper showing ownership of property if purchasing house and wanting services on.
- Bring $150.00 for water deposit. The remainder of deposit will be refunded after deducting the final bill when resident moves. Your deposit is not negotiable or transferable to another person or location.
- Elderly or disabled discount can be applied for at this time.
- Pay in person with cash, check, credit (debit) card, or electronic check. There is a user fee for credit (debit) card and electronic check.
- Pay by mail with a check, money order, or cashier’s check.
- Pay by drop box (by front door of City Hall) with check, money order, or cashier’s check.
- Pay on our website with credit (debit) card or electronic check. There is a user fee for using either service.
- Authorize the City to take the utility amount out of your bank account on or near the 20th of each month. This is called ACH Debit. Please call and ask for the authorization form to be mailed to you.
Things You Should Know
- Bills are mailed once a month, on the last working day of the month.
- The bill will only be mailed to owner’s or owner’s agents.
- If you do not receive your bill within the first week of each month, you are responsible to call City Hall and find out the amount.
- The bills are due on the 20th of the month, unless that day falls on a weekend or holiday, then it will be due on the first working day after the 20th. Payments must be received by 5:00 pm on the due date or left in the night drop.
- You will be charged a late fee of $10.00 and mailed a late notice if the bill is not paid by the due date.
- Utility accounts are disconnected each month if the bill is 30 days past due.
- To ensure that your payment is applied to the correct account, please include the stub of the bill with your payment and write your account number on your check.
- To close your utility account, come into our office and sign a request form. Make sure we have your forwarding address. A final bill will be generated at the end of the month based on water usage and number of days occupied during the billing cycle. The deposit on account will be applied to the final billing and a refund or bill will be forwarded to address listed on the request form. The refund check will take 2-4 weeks to receive after final billing.
- Multi-family housing is billed different than single-family housing. Please call City Hall for more information.
- All city residents are required to have garbage service. If you wish to make a change to your garbage container size, you must contact our office and request the change. If you have any questions concerning your garbage, you must contact our office at 877.2334.
- If you require a 20 yd dumpster or larger for clean up of property, there will be a $125.00 deposit and a signed request form required prior to ordering it. The deposit will be applied to the final billing after dumpster is picked up. Charges for a dumpster this size include: a delivery fee, daily fee, pick up fee, and fee for weight of filled dumpster.
Utility Rate Information
Residential Water (3/4”) in cubic feet
0 - 300Cubic feetMinimum$19.47 301 - 700Cubic feetup to$24.77 701 - 1200Cubic feetup to$30.65 1201 - 2000Cubic feetup to$37.40
1 cubic foot = 7.481 gallons
Residential Sewer (averaged winter water consumption)
30 gallon$8.86 60 gallon$13.31 90 gallon$15.14 Extra bags$2..44 per each bag
Water, sewer, and garbage are taxed at 33%.
The discount is 25% off residential water and sewer and $2.50 off garbage. To apply for it, you must be starting service or apply when the documents are sent out in June of each year.
If you have a property that is other than a single-family residence, please contact City Hall for more information.