|Please choose from the following:|
Clerk & Court staff can:
• Tell you the status of a specific case, unless the case or information in the case is confidential. Confidential information is not available to the public because of state law or a judge’s decision.
• Provide the court file on a specific case for you to review. If the case is confidential, you will need a court order to see the file.
• Give you general information on court rules, procedures and practices.
• Provide court-approved or required forms or tell you where you can find forms. There may be a charge for some forms. Forms are not available for all legal proceedings.
• Offer guidance on how to compute some deadlines and due dates.
• Provide court schedules and information on how to get matters scheduled.
• Provide the telephone number of the local attorney referral service or information about other agencies that may assist you.
PLEASE NOTE: Clerk & Court staff do not know the answers to all questions about court rules, procedures and practices.
Clerk & Court staff cannot:
• Advise you about whether you should file a case or whether you should take any particular action in a case.
• Tell you what words to put in a form.
• Tell you what to say in court.
• Tell you what decision the judge will make or what sentence the judge will impose.
• Comment about specific persons you may name in a petition or pleading.
• Apply the law nor give directions about how to respond in any aspect of the legal process.
• Change an order signed by a judge.
• Let you talk to a judge outside of court.
LEGAL ADVICE :
Clerk & Court staff provides information, not legal advice. If you need legal advice, please contact an Attorney.
The court, including the judge and all staff, must remain impartial. They do not take sides in any matter coming before the court.