Administrative Services

This office accepts all legal service for the City and the Mayor. City Hall answers questions or make referrals to the correct department/person. It processes all the city licensing (dog, business, landlord), park and community center reservations and payments, utility billing and discounts, receipts (accounts receivables), invoices (accounts payable), and payroll. Personnel take minutes and process action items of meetings; and organizes and processes contracts, resolutions, and ordinances.

Animal Licensing | Business Licensing | Cemetery | City Council Documents | Employment
Interlocal Agreements and Contracts | Municipal Code | Property Assessment | Property Tax |
Public Records Requests | Utility Services | Yard Sales

icon-utilitybillingUtility Services

Information on water, sewer, garbage and utility taxes as well as landlord licenses – Utility Services

For after hours emergency calls regarding Sewer or Water problems, please call (509) 877-3161.

Yard Sales

Yard sales are a good way to help your community and yourself by recycling your unwanted items.  (WMC Chapter 15.12)

What is a yard sale? “Yard sales” mean all sales that are called “yard sale,” “garage sale,” “lawn sale,” “attic sale,” “rummage sale,” or any similar sale of personal property, by a person who is not a secondhand dealer.  Yard sales also include yard sales conducted by nonprofit organizations, churches, and other like entities.

  1. Yard sale fee is $2.00 and has to be paid before the yard sale.  Keep the receipt in case a City Official asks for it. The receipt is the permit for the yard sale.
  2. You are only allowed two (2) yard sales a year at any location lasting no longer than three (3) days.
  3. Advertising yard sales:
  • No posting on a utility pole
  • No posting a sign on city land
  • No posting on city right-of-way

There is no form that needs to be filled out.  When you pay for your yard sale permit, you give the city the address of the yard sale and the dates of duration.  The receipt, whether from City Hall or online, is your permit.  Please have the receipt handy to show to any City Officials.

The City hopes you have a very successful yard sale!

Download the Yard Sale information

You can now Pay for your Yard Sale Permit Online PayOnlineUtilityBillButton

Business Licensing


The City of Wapato welcomes new entrepreneurs. Visit the Business Licenses page for information on the process of applying for a Business License.


Reservation Community Memorial Park is located within the City of Wapato. Visit the Reservation Community Memorial Park page for information on the location, Funeral Information, Visiting the Cemetery and Researching Family members who may be buried there.

City Council Documents

See the Agendas and Minutes page to view records of City Council Meetings and Work Sessions.

Employment with the City of Wapato

Visit the Employment page for information on any current openings at the City of Wapato for staff positions or volunteers.

icon-animallicensingAnimal Licensing

A dog license is required for all dogs residing within the City of Wapato. Applications for a Dog License can be made at Wapato City Hall. Licenses are not required for cats.

Rescue animals are available from a number of organizations in the Yakima Valley, including the Yakima Humane Society, Yakima Valley Pet Rescue and Wags to Riches.

Interlocal Agreements and Contracts

View all interlocal agreements and contracts currently in force in the City on the Agreements and Contracts page.

Municipal Code

Property Assessment

Property taxes are billed and paid through the Yakima County Assessor’s office. icon-homeassessment

Property Tax

Property taxes are billed and paid through the Yakima County Treasurer‘s office.

Learn more about Property Taxes in Washington State.

Public Records Requests

icon-propertytaxesThe City strives to provide the fullest assistance possible for all Public Records Act requests, see the Public Records Requests page for more information and forms.