5161 W Wapato Rd
Wapato, WA 98951
For further information on the cemetery, please contact:
205 E 3rd St
Wapato WA 98951-1326
The City is committed to helping you find the right place for your loved one and making this process as easy as we can. The first step if you don’t have a lot is to find one and purchase it. City staff is happy to help you find an area that will meet your family’s needs. See Cemetery Data for more information on the location of lots.
Lot reservations can be made with a down payment of the perpetual fee and full payment within one year period of time.
Lots are allowed to hold up to four loved ones’ remains:
Any combination of four is allowed
- 4 small cremains (cremated remains) in one lot
- 3 small cremains and 1 large cremini in one lot.
- 1 burial and 3 cremations
As with all City services, there is a cost for us to supply a vault and open and close a lot. Please see our Cemetery Fee Sheet.
Some general information on graveside services:
- The City needs at least 48 hours’ notice prior to any graveside service.
- The earliest time for a graveside service is 10:00 am – Monday thru Friday.
- The latest time for a graveside service is 1:00 pm – Monday thru Friday.
- On Saturday, the latest time for a graveside service is 11:00 am.
- Saturday graveside services will have an extra fee because of staff overtime.
- Up to eight chairs will be set out for the immediate family.
The Cemetary will no longer be setting flat headstones in concrete which will allow families to have bigger headstones.
- The City requires two days notice to set out a new grave marker.
- The Fee must be paid before a setting can be scheduled.
- Markers can only be set out April thru mid-October.
- Upright graves are now allowed.
Visiting our Cemetery
You may want to know how and where to visit your loved one. Please see the Alphabetic List, Lot List by Section and Lot Map of those in our cemetery. These lists may not always be up-to-date as they are only updated twice a year.
The City understands that a lot of families are trying to locate their loved ones remains that might be placed in our cemetery. Below you will find links to an alphabetical list and a section list along with a map of the Cemetery. These lists may not always be up-to-date as they are only updated twice a year.
Cemetery Lot Map 5.4 MB
The public is invited and encouraged to all meetings of the Cemetery Board which are scheduled for the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. located at City Hall Council Chambers, 205 E Third St. If there is no business, they will not be meeting. For more information, contact the Cemetery secretary.
2018 Wapato Memorial Reservation Park Board
Tim Morris, Chair – email@example.com
Veronica Guizar, Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
John Rocha – email@example.com
Irasema Cantu – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Shomaker – Director of Public Works