Typical Utility Bill – 2018
For a house with a ¾” service, 1,000 cubic feet usage, and 90-gallon garbage a typical utility bill would be:
|Water (1,000 cf)||
|Sewer (1,000 cf)||
|Garbage (96 gal Toter)||
This is an approximation and should not be misinterpreted that this will be your actual bill.
For more information, please download the Utility Information Sheet
Initiating a Request for Service
All utility bills are in the “land” owner’s name and address. They are the ones who direct us on what they want to happen on their property.
- Owner fills out a Request for Utility Services application at City Hall or brings it to City Hall.
- Bring photo identification such as a driver’s license
- Bring documents proving ownership.
- There is a $150.00 for water deposit that will have to be paid before the utilities are turned on.
The owner is going to rent a property:
- Owner fills out a Landlord License application at City Hall or brings it to City Hall.
- There is a fee for the landlord license depending on the number of rentals.
- More information on Landlord Licenses
If you are Elderly or Disabled you may qualify for a discount:
- The person that qualifies must be living in the house. The qualification runs from July 1 to June 30th.
- They must fill out the Elderly-Low Income Application for Utility Rate Reduction form.
- They must provide all household income from the previous year. Such as:
- IRS income tax document
- all retirement income
- Provide proof of age and/or disability. Such as:
- Driver’s License
- Identification from the Department of Licensing
- Letter from Social Security Administration
Pay your Utility Bill Online – You can pay using an e-check or debit/credit card. There is a fee for using this service. You will receive an email confirmation that you have paid.
- Pay by mail with a check, money order or cashier’s check.
- Pay by Dropbox (left side of the front door) with a check, money order, or cashier’s check.
- Pay in person at City Hall with cash, check, or money order. You can use a debit/credit card but there is a fee for that service.
- You can now enroll online in Auto-Pay and pay your bill automatically with either an e-check or credit card. Click here.
- You will receive an email confirmation of pending payment 3 days before the processing date.
- There are never any late fees.
- You can change your payment method or unenroll at any time online.
- The Online Bill Pay site can also be used to pay for Animal Licenses, Building Permits,.Business Licenses, Cemetery Fees, Community Center and Park Rentals, Police Records and Yard Sale Permits.
- Garbage is picked up on Tuesdays. Please have all containers out on Monday to make sure the garbage is picked up.
- Extra garbage bags on or next to garbage cans that are picked up will generate extra charges.
- If your garbage is not picked up, you may call City Hall to schedule a return trip. There is an additional charge for a return trip
- All city residents are required to have garbage service. If you wish to make a change to your garbage container size, you must contact our City Hall. The request will have to be authorized in writing. If you have any questions concerning your garbage, please contact City Hall at (509) 877-2334.
- If you require a 20-yard dumpster or larger for clean up of property, there will be a $125.00 deposit. We will need a signed request form prior to ordering the dumpster delivery. The deposit will be applied to the final billing after the dumpster is picked up. Charges for a 20-yard dumpster include the delivery fee, daily fee, pick up fee, and fee for the weight of filled dumpster.
Water Outage / Sewer Backup
For after-hours emergency calls regarding water outage or sewer backup, please call (509) 877-3161.